Saturday 26 June 2021

Caleb Saunderson, with Christ

Caleb was a genuine and kind friend and brother in the Lord to me for as long as I can remember him (we have been part of the same church - with various periods in which we have been elsewhere - since 1986). Caleb is somewhere in the region of 6,7, 8 years older than me, but when I was an awkward adolescent and he was an adult, this didn't stop him in the slightest from taking a genuine interest in me, catching up on how I was doing and encouraging me in the Lord - which is what he kept on doing ever since.

You can read some of Caleb's more recent history on his blog, "Meso Far So What", here. The title is a reference to Mesothelioma, a major factor in his life the last 5 years (he outlived the average life expectancy of a diagnosee by around 4). But not the major factor. If you head over, you can see what all those who knew him experienced - not just in this cancer (which was his third, the first coming in teenage years), but throughout his life, his testimony was that to live was Christ, and to die would be gain. As a believer, a husband, a father, an elder and just general all-round good bloke, Caleb kept on through the years pointing us to Jesus and serving him. Much more could be said, but it'd be better to head over to his blog and read him directly.

No comments: