Why this blog, and what can you expect here?
- I am a Christian minister - my responsibility before God is to spread his word, which is contained in the 66 books of the Bible, as much as he enables me.
- A blog is a way of fulfilling the principle of "double usefulness" - once you've done something potentially useful, with a blog you can squeeze a bit more juice out of it.
- I was born in the UK, but live in Africa. My heart yearns for the dreadful spiritual state of my country of birth - a blog is a way of speaking to an having a tiny influence in my former home land.
- I'll probably waffle on about whatever comes in to my head. Christianity, theology, philosophy, politics, culture ...
- The blog title, "More Than Words", is from 1 Thessalonians 1:5; the conviction that God's words are more than words. I'd like most of all to present the case for Christian thinking in different areas of life, and so I hope that this verse will apply.
Yup, the Internet can be like the wild west except with less accountability. Which makes boring small print like this necessary...
- The ultimate rule: Round here, I am the arbitrary despot. Wu ha ha!
- Comments are in general open, though may be moderated. To save your comments from the grim reaper (see rule 1), you should identify yourself (e.g. your real, full name and town of residence).
- All rules are subject to arbitrary change as circumstances, my arbitrary whims (see rule 1) and the price of bulgar wheat at the local market may direct. If in doubt, see rule 1.
- If any of these rules cause you pain, consider not commenting. See rule 1.
Otherwise, I hope you find it worthwhile to drop by. Welcome!