Friday 12 June 2009

A tribute to Willis Metcalfe, 1922-2009

Willis Metcalfe: farmer, would-be missionary to China, preacher, founding member of a local church, book publisher and missionary, newspaper director, educationalist, husband and father of four children (and those are just the bits I knew about) went to be with Christ on Monday, which is far better. You've perhaps never heard of him. He didn't serve Christ for fame on earth; he served him for love and for the sake of those still lost. He was salt and light in a wicked world and did much to spread the truth of the gospel; he surely received a famous welcome in heaven from the One who loved him and shed his blood for him.

Revelation 14:13 - "And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them."

Numbers 23:10 - "Let me die the death of the righteous, and let my last end be like his!"

Read more about his life here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I worked for him, knew him, and loved him.

Such a generous spirit won't be seen again for a long time.