Tuesday 25 March 2014

Ending support of World Vision

[ 26-March-2014 : World Vision later reversed their decision ]

An email I have sent to World Vision (info@worldvision.org.uk). If you are a World Vision sponsor, then I encourage you to do the same.

Hi,

In view of these issues...
http://tinyurl.com/o5cx6qj

... I have cancelled my direct debit for child sponsorship to World Vision (ref: X) with immediate effect, after around Y years. I will be re-allocating the funds via a different body that upholds Christian ethics.

I hope that World Vision will re-consider the words of Christ and his apostles, and turn back to him in future. "If you love me, you will keep my commandments." - John 14:15. "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality" - 1 Corinthians 6:9.

Best wishes,
David Anderson
  

No comments: