Saturday 11 February 2012

The Binding of the Blade

After finishing Narnia again, I began reading to my children the "Binding of the Blade" series.

Brilliant; absolutely brilliant. We're presently in the second half of book 2. I can't understand why we'd never heard of it (we found it in the ACTS bookshop in Nairobi). A great story, and a well executed echo of that awesome story of all stories that, in our house, has both reader and hearers eagerly waiting for the next chapter...

So dear reader, I do my duty by pointing you to: http://www.bindingoftheblade.com

2 comments:

Ned Kelly said...

Hi David,
I am not a reader of fantasy, Tolkien being the only author of that genre I have read, but do you think that adults such as myself, more interested in the analysis of difficult subjects, would find satisfying relief in these books?

David Anderson said...

I'm no expert on the genre either; I can't remember what I've read other than Tolkien and Lewis. But yes, it's definitely a series for 'satisfying relief' - it's not as involved as Tolkien; there is thankfully a glossary because there is indeed a whole world to get one's head around, but it's easy to get into and hard to get out of after you've begun...