Thursday 28 January 2010

Ordinary Day At Office 1, Marathoning Missionary 0

I wasn't totally ready for today. Up at 5.30am for Heathrow airport on Monday, then flight to Kenya, arriving finally at our hosts the other side of Nairobi past 11pm local time; the next day, a long bus journey (all with small kids!) up to Eldoret. Just time to unload, unpack, print off, pack again, in time for today: rising at 3.10 a.m. UK time in order to be teaching Galatians at theological college at 5.10 a.m. Explaining the north and south Galatian hypotheses at just after 6 a.m. is a new experience. The marathon didn't finish me off, but this nearly did - lunchtime I just walked into the staff room, rested my head on the table, and feel asleep!

Hopefully my body-clock will be more in sync next week. It's all for Christ, and he is worthy. This is not a complaint. It's a fantastic privilege to travel across the world and have these opportunities. It's a different life to many Christians, but actually precisely the same in the big issue: the only question that really matters is "will I moan and grow discouraged, or will I remember what Jesus has done for me and press on?"

No comments: